Research shows you have less than 10 seconds to convince potential customers that your website is useful. In order to make the most out of that short amount of time – this is what we recommend:
- Make sure that each page serves a single purpose. If you try to do too much on a page, your message may get lost.
- Place high-value content ‘above the fold’ (top visible area of the screen) to ensure visitors can find what they are looking for without needing to scroll.
- Use a clear ‘call to action’ such as a booking button, to allow people to easily take the next step.
- Use clear short headings to help people rapidly skim the page for relevant content.
- Use quality images and graphics to help give fast visual context – which makes visitors more likely to understand your content.
- Ensure your web pages have been optimised for the search engines. Without good SEO your site will perform poorly when people search for the services or products you offer.