Personalized content continues to be a huge social media trend. Over 51% of marketers and brands opine that personalizing experiences and content is a key challenge for current social media. For a brand, personalizing its social media strategy is critical for success. The main is to rebuilt trust and sustain it.
- Considering how much hot water has gone on social media platforms in recent times, it’s not surprising that brands are doing everything to win consumers’ trust.
- Facebook continues to feel the heat from the Cambridge Analytica Scandal. Countless users asking the social networking giant to be more transparent and honest in practices, ensuring optimum security.
- Simultaneously, Twitter has been compelled to eliminate fake accounts after swarms of bots came under the scanner.
- The several controversies have led to an erosion of trust on social media, implying that brands face as stiffer challenges to engage with their customers.
The only way out is creating meaningful, positive engagements with proper, personalized content. Targeting a smaller but dedicated audience can build engagement, resulting in customers or followers becoming your brand champions or advocates.
You can create communities for your brand, which will enable you to engage with valuable traffic, ensuring the trust and engagement remain intact. You need to avoid ads and endorsements by public figures and celebrities.
In a date-powered world, customers now expect highly personalized directives and experiences that brands must tailor to them. Advertisers have, in response, changed or modified their strategies to provide better prospects.
This obviously isn’t limited to consumers. B2B sales personalization is also important as B2B buyers have undergone conditioning, propelling them to expect the same form of personalized communication.
- So, B2B personalization is the process of tailoring your offers, communication directives, and advertising to fit the requirements of every B2B customer.
- It involves better understanding and smarter targeting to deliver more relevant, faster, and enhanced experiences.
- Just because brands are selling a B2B service or product to a company, you still have a real operator on the other end.
- This real person is a decision-maker, who reacts either positively or negatively to certain issues/cues.
- Recent research states that B2B personalization is equally crucial as B2C personalization. 85% of customers say that brands treating them as persons, and not as number or indexes, is instrumental in winning their trust.
- Around 80% of B2B customers want a deep understanding of their individual needs, which reflect in personalized experiences.
- Additionally, 75% of business purchases know that by the end of this year, companies will be in a position to anticipate these needs and provide relevant suggestions before initiating contact.
Creating personalized content
A leading chocolate brand collected consumer data from Facebook accounts. It sent personalized videos to participants celebrating the famous flavor match. These types of ad campaigns garner a high engagement rate, 34% conversion rate, and a 70% click-through rate. Video viewers can then complete a promotion application.
- Some of the potential benefits of incorporating such personalization strategies in your media marketing are generating more leads and converting more users into buyers.
- They help boost customer engagement and encourage shares. They help in improving FB ad costs and relevance scores.
- Personalization also boosts brand loyalty and increases brand awareness.
For creating personalized content for social media marketing, you need to research your target audience/personas. You need to know if it’s a faceless/nameless group of people, who have shared interests, share the same things and fall in the same age group.
Social media, fortunately, provides substantial information about consumers, helping you to know where they are and what they want.
- You can know their ages, their location or geography, and how much time they spend online.
- You can know the influencers and celebrities they follow and engage with.
- You can know about the devices they use and the kind of topics that interest them.
Retargeting ad campaigns
Retargeting marketing campaigns offer stupendous opportunities when you fuse them with personalization. Retargeting is the process of delivering targeted advertising to folks, who’ve already engaged with you on your website.
For instance, when somebody reads your blog posts, he/she also checks the price range and adds an item to their shopping cart. You can target these persons with separate, personalized content, bearing dynamic ads of the product they had checked. You can also show them adverts of additional products after they buy something from you.
You could even put items in different clusters, presenting the most relevant advertisement in each situation. In numerous cases, segmented or group marketing creates incredible personalization in advertisements.
- Personalized videos are also very popular. One example is the FB videos that show a social history of a friendship.
- These videos hold immense value to you and your pals, making it as relevant and personal as it gets.
- For FB and Instagram followers, you can conduct personalized social media quizzes.
- They engage your audience and help you gather considerable information for personalizing users’ experiences.
More personalization modes
Having a different and distinct voice tone while communication with consumers renders a personal tough. It’s worthwhile noting that 75% of customers prefer a brand due to its customer-friendly service representatives. Around 78% of customers desire a seamless and consistent customer experience, regardless of the engagement modalities.
- There are dedicated tools and services that personalize their customer support and care by implementing GIFs while responding to their customers on social media.
- It makes you think of them as your friend and well-wisher, which blends perfectly with the brand’s approach.
- Brands are running real-life ad campaigns on the basis of social data. Just because we’re in the realm of social media marketing, you don’t necessarily have to think digital-only.
- In fact, results prove how real-life connections and engagements have been more profitable and valuable in this era as well.
You can personalize direct messages on Twitter. The typical standard messages from company pages on the platform have become a passé. New brands are using a rather impersonal and informal approach to pour some fun into it.
Pete Campbell is a social media manager and has immense knowledge about email marketing and Instagram promotion. He delights his clients by helping them buy real Instagram likes. He loves to travel, write and play baseball.